POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another thought on Intelligent Design : Re: Another thought on Intelligent Design Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another thought on Intelligent Design
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 13 Mar 2009 16:41:34
Message: <49bac4fe$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Mike Hough wrote:
>> I would imagine that Man was his first attempt at creating something
>> in his own image, much like my attempt at sculpting a bust out of clay
>> my first year at community college. There is some pride that goes
>> along with the achievement but the result is still flawed.
>
> Aren't you forgetting something? HE is Perfect. ;-)

You could still hold that since man would be only part of God's creation
it's incorrect to consider the "perfection" of a part in isolation of
the whole, and since we can't see the whole it's entirely expected that
things might look imperfect from our viewpoint.  An analogy would be
asking if each note in a very good song is "very good" when considered
by itself -- the concept isn't really meaningful at that scale.

A bit of a philosophical dodge, I'll admit, but it seems to work in
getting the desired answer from those premises.  That said, I find the
`lumpy clay bust' theory a somehow more satisfying response to the question.